Houston Employment Lawyer
For more than 25 years, I, Houston attorney Peter Costea, have built my practice on the principles of honesty, integrity, dedication and respect. As an experienced trial lawyer, I have represented clients in nearly 100 trials that resulted in a verdict. I have also brought cases before state and federal appeals courts, the Texas Supreme Court and U.S. Supreme Court. When you work with my firm, you can rest assured I have the experience to defend your rights in any legal venue.
My diversity of practice and breadth of experience covers a wide range of employment issues, up to and including all of the following:
- General contract disputes
- Collective actions
- Unlawful discrimination based on age, sex, pregnancy, race, national origin, religion, immigration status and other personal characteristics
- First Amendment claims
- International employment representation against workplace violations occurring while working abroad
- Representation of public employees
- Unlawful retaliation against employees who report discrimination, harassment or suspected fraudulent activity by co-workers or executives to the authorities
- Reverse discrimination claims
- Sexual harassment and other workplace harassment based on race, age, religion, national origin or disability
- Severance agreement review and negotiation
- Unfair denial of job promotions
- Wage and hour disputes such as unpaid overtime, unpaid commissions, unjustly denied unemployment benefits or denied tenure
- Workers’ compensation retaliation
- Wrongful termination of employment, including claims involving ERISA violations or Sabine Pilot issues
- Noncompetition agreements
I assist clients in the protection of their rights with regard to specific state and federal labor laws and legislative bodies such as the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Polygraph Protection Act, Texas Payday Law and the Texas Workforce Commission, among others.
General Employment Law Consultations
In addition to representing clients involved in employment-related disputes and litigation, I provide consultations on general employment matters and contract review. I offer reasonable rates for my services in assisting employees and small-business owners to understand their employment rights and legal options.
While I focus much of my representation on defending employees’ rights, I also work with small-business owners in the Houston area with their employment law concerns. My services include the negotiation, drafting and review of employment contracts; counsel on instituting employment policies and dispute resolution through negotiation, arbitration, mediation or litigation.
Contact The Law Office Of Peter Costea
Contact my Houston employment law firm today by calling 713-337-4304 to schedule a consultation. I keep all of my consultations and client correspondence strictly confidential.